Confirmation is a collection of experiences for the head, heart and hands of high school students to dive deeper into a living faith in Jesus Christ. Based on Luther's teachings in the Small Catechism, discover the heart of Jesus story is show to us God's love and grace through God's Word and the Sacraments of Baptism and Holy Communion. Students are invited to make promises (echoing those that their families made at their baptism) and to live in Christian community and serve their neighbor.
New This Year for 8th & 9th Grade!
- Confirmation will now include 8th & 9th graders, still confirming in 10th grade.
- Confirmation students and their families will be required to attend Sunday events, CrossRoads from 4-6 pm starting September 13th through the end of October.
- November will begin a hybrid model of online and small group learning sessions.
- Confirmation kick-off meeting for 8th & 9th Grade will be held after CrossRoads on Sunday, October 18th at 6 pm.
- Questions, contact Pastor Rhia at firstname.lastname@example.org
10th Grade Information for fall 2020
Here is the adapted schedule for this fall (masks are required for indoor gatherings):
- Fall Orientation Sept 13 @ 11am or Sept 16 @ 7pm with Pr. Jeff in the Sanctuary (students & parents pick one to participate in together). Introduce The Lion King family learning project as well as other elements of 10th graders’ preparation for Confirmation.
- Promises of Confirmation Sept 20 @ 11am or Sept 23 @ 7pm with Pr. Jeff in the Sanctuary (students pick one, parents welcome). This session we'll walk through the 5 Promises of Affirmation of Baptism.
- Confirmation Caring Conversations Sept 20 - Oct 1 (with Pastor or Denny). Students will be assigned conversation partner and then select time (15-30 minute conversation).
- Faith Projects due by September 30.
- Family Blessing Sept 27 @ 7 pm (students with parents & mentors).
- Confirmation Worship Service October 4 @ 2pm – outside in east parking lot. Lawn chairs encouraged.
- Questions, contact Pastor Jeff at email@example.com